Residential treatment is a direct intervention for people with mental and substance use disorders where they get safe housing and medical care in a 24-hour recovery environment. It is the best approach if your condition is severe, and you require a drug-free environment with continuous monitoring and supervision by trained staff.
The District Recovery Community explores the many situations you may require this kind of treatment program. Contact us today at 844.287.8506 to learn about your addiction treatment options.
When to Choose Residential Treatment?
Receiving round-the-clock care helps in increasing your rate of recovery, especially when your condition is severe. However, other steps involved in the process mean rehab stay may vary from a few days to a year.
When you choose this kind of treatment program, you will primarily benefit from getting the necessary attention from the therapists and gain the ability to avoid triggers. You will also receive continuing care as a basis for long-term results.
Some of the reasons to choose a residential rehab program include:
- Availability of 24-hour support helps to prevent relapse, even though it might seem like privacy invasion at first
- Distance from toxic people and places that can trigger relapse can help those struggling with recovery gain perspective from peers on a similar recovery path
- A structured routine consisting of duties, household chores, and bedtimes can help speed your recovery journey
- Access to different modalities of therapy, including emergency services in case of self-harm or severe withdrawal symptoms
- Frequent therapy sessions can help to create a lasting bond between you and the therapist, thus enhancing treatment
- Achieving a higher quality of life because of no substance abuse
Remember, the effects of substance abuse can escalate to the point that endangers your life. In such instances, all you need is 24-hour support to avoid harming yourself. In case of any impairment which may make it difficult for you to perform essential functions and self-care, outpatient treatment will not suffice.
When you become physically dependent on a substance, it may be hard to experience a smooth withdrawal. As a result, you need to seek professionals who will provide medical supervision.
The residential treatment program removes you from stressors and acts as an alternative to hospitalization. When you are free from stressors, a relapse is not likely to occur.
What to Expect in Rehab
Are you worried about how to get a top-notch treatment facility and what will transpire after you check into a treatment program? Your worries are valid because many people who seek similar assistance experience such sentiments. Before checking into rehab, consider the therapists’ expertise and inquire if they can offer outpatient treatment after you leave rehab.
Once you are admitted into the facility, a team of health care professionals will help you achieve sobriety through various treatment programs, such as:
- Addiction treatment therapy
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Gender-specific treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Drug detox treatment
- Experiential and adventure-based program
An ideal rehab facility will provide access to emergency and aftercare services. Remember, recovering from a mental disorder or substance abuse is a long-term process. Therefore, you need a team of healthcare providers who will walk with you the entire journey by offering a continuing care program even after you leave rehab.
Get Rehab Treatment at The District
Do not let mental health or substance use disorders derail your life. At The District Recovery Community, our experts can help you get personalized treatment for your condition. Residential treatment assures you of adequate support, safety, and diagnostic certainty.